Monday, November 10, 2014

November 3rd. Boling Beautiful Blantyre



Hello Y'all Hope everyone's week so super fantastic. Mine was! But oh my heck Blantyre is so hot! I feel like Satan is breathing on me! You could just be standing a sweating like a sinner in church! But nevertheless oh how i love Blantyre! It is so beautiful! Moving on, For those of you who were wondering out water is back so no more bucket showers! But since i have come to Malawi i have acquired the skill of carrying things on my head which could be very useful at some point in my life. So we are moving next week to a place called Sunnyside. I am excited for that but oh how i will miss the wonderful sisters we live with. But i am stoked to be with the new sisters.  This week nothing to exciting happened just a funny experiences in our gospel principles class. So last week i told you about Aubrey and this sunday he was confirmed and he paid his tithing he was excited! but anyway so we are in Gospel Principles and we are talking about the post mortal life and the teacher asked "What happens to us after we die?" and Aubrey raises his hand and says "Well the bible says the dead no nothing so we just die and wait until judgement" and my district leader shoots me this surprising look like what the heck did you teach him the plan of salvation and we did i swear! and i say "i didn't teach him that!." haha but he knew about the spirit world but he didn't understand that, that was what we were talking about i love our investigators! So that was oh and we had a relief society district activity. And we watched some of the women's conference and talked about visiting teaching and i just have this excitement to go home and do it! I have come to love relief society and we are working on building ours! I have been giving some ideas from our relief society back home to help unite ours here so if any of you have some good ideas just let me know!
That is about all i have for you this week! I will just share about some of my book of Mormon reading i have been doing i love the book of Alma! I just read in Alma the story of when Alma and Amulek break down the prisons walls that has to be my favorite story in the book of Mormon! I love the courage and faith that they had! and Heavenly Father has helped them so much! and they are just such great missionaries! I will just share one of my favorite verses from that story its in Alma 14:24-26
24 And the chief judge stood before them, and smote them again, and said unto them: If ye have the power of God deliver yourselves from these bands, and then we will believe that the Lord will destroy this people according to your words. 25 And it came to pass that they all went forth and smote them, saying the same words, even until the last; and when the last had spoken unto them the power of God was upon Alma and Amulek, and they rose and stood upon their feet.26 And Alma cried, saying: How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance. And they broke the cords with which they were bound; and when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them.
I love these verse because it reminds me that if we are faithful and obedient to the lord he will bless us! and that he is truly mindful of his servants and children! May we all have the faith and courage as Alma and Amluek in our lives so that we may have the power to conquer our own oppositions and adversity.
And this is my small and simple testimony to you all! in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment