Monday, December 8, 2014

One year Older and wiser too!



My Dear Family and Friends,

What a week we have had. Blantyre truly is breathtaking, I will be sad when I leave this place. It has been a busy week for us in Chilimoni, Our area is doing more than well. We have some new people on our list, and I am pumped to teach them. We had some super sweet lessons this week. We got some of the members to work with us, and we are so grateful for them. I love working with members they bring such a good feeling to the lessons the spirit is so strong. Their testimonies saved a few lessons this week. I really thought I was patient but I am not nearly as patient as I thought I was. It is an attribute that will always be greatly perused. (Life-long process) We had a lesson with a man who in the beginning who was shouting us down! But with the Members who worked with us, His heart was softened. It’s really hard when someone lets you down, But its not because you lose and investigator but because you know truly how the restored gospel can change your life, and its something that you just want for everyone. But I know that someday they will come to know of the truthfulness of the message we share. And I pray that when they do that they will choose to follow it. This week we had a powerful Zone Conference. We talked about Obedience. And truly I can testify that if we are obedient to the Lord’s commandments that it will only benefit us. The blessings that we receive are irreplaceable. They are ones that you can find joy in. Joy that cannot be found anywhere else.  My prayer is always that I strive to be obedient to what the lord wants. Our father in heaven has everything the only thing he doesn’t has is our will. And when we are obedient we are aligning our will with his. It is selfless and rewarding. I can promise you that. Besides that we had a pretty normal week. A wonderful family feed us from our branch! It was way good! We had two investigators come to church who are being baptized on the Eleventh of January. And we heard some inspiring testimonies! I love fast and testimony Sunday hope you had a good one! Last, week I didn’t get to write much so I will make up for that now.
 So let’s take some steps back to last week. Happy late-thanksgiving everyone. I hope everyone had a great one. I know I sure did, The new couple missionaries feed us at their home. They are the Beals! They are so cute! We just love them, such a blessing to have them around. It was a good meal too! We talked about things that we were thankful for. And the three things I was thankful for were; The Priesthood, My family and Africa! Taking a step back and looking at your life and counting your blessing is good for the soul! I will be doing that more often. Also last week I hit one year on mission. I can’t believe the time has just flown that fast. I can’t quiet grasp that in less than six months I will be sitting on my couch again. Time can be your biggest enemy if it is not used wisely. I have learned that lesson. And thank you so much sister proctor for all the Happy one year pictures you’re star! And sister Komhia For the cake! Since it has been twelve months since I have been away I will list twelve things that I have learned. One, everything is about your attitude. And if you have a good attitude then everything will be okay. Two, we all make mistakes and that’s okay. Whether they be big or small we are all the same. Three, Judge not that ye be not judged! For tis high to be a Judge. I don’t need to worry about everyone else when I have things to fix about myself. Four, Saying I love you is the most powerful thing ever! When people know how much we love them it really solves like any problem. Five, its okay too not always look nice! Because life goes on! We have a million things in life to worry about how we look should not be a the top priority, but try to look presentable. Six, Doing things alone is not always the best choice. We are not always rational! Its okay to need help. Seven, Communication is so important! When we let others know how we are feeling then they can be mindful of us. And the same the other way around! Eight, Not choosing to be offended! Don’t dwell on things. People make mistakes, and when we dwell on the things that happen to us we are choosing to be offended. Which leads me too Number Nine, We need to forgive everyone! No matter what the problem may be. Christ says only the merciful obtain mercy. We will never move on with life if we are not forgiving those who have done wrong to us. And also forgiving ourselves. The atonement is real and truly can help us overcome these things. Ten, Be Grateful! Everything and Everyday is a gift! You will just feel better about every blessing that comes your way if you are grateful! Eleven, Laugh and Smile everyday! Its good for the soul. Period. And last but not in any way the least. Twelve,  Our heavenly fathers loves us and know us personally. On mission this is the most important lesson you can ever learn. Not just on mission but in life. I have such a strong testimony of this. He loves us so much. It’s not even possible for us to imagine. He so mindful of our weaknesses and loves us with them. And he knows us! He does! He knows what makes us happy! Have you ever wondered how you have received blessings that make you happy that you didn’t even have to ask for? It because he truly wants his children to be happy. And because he loves us. It is so simple but so easy over looked. And that is what I have learned. Now I have not perfected all of these things but I am aware of them and try to be better at all of them. With the end of this year coming up I challenge all of you to think about what you have learned about yourself. And be a person that you are proud of and if you are not I pray you have the courage to change the things you aren’t. Make God apart of your life everyday! And he will send blessings! And you will feel of his timeless love.
I love you all Have a super swell week!


These things of no electricty!

Two of my fav relief sisters! Sister gloria and Kama

yum! happy thanksgiving!

THE BEALS! CUTEST PEOPLE EVER!

cj and i!

#twining!

The chinomwes love them!

just an idea of the mountian we hiked!

You think have sweet investigatos did they give you a space jam tshirt! dont thnk so!Chifundo you da best!

Primary kids are my fav!

CJ AND ME AGAIN!

nelly is cute!

My favorite member present! Geofry!

My afrikans district leader! Elder Venter!

Ma sistaz! at the beals!

happy one year! with Chifundo and Gloria!

Laya is cute!

primary kidos!
Ma blantyre sistaz!

No comments:

Post a Comment