Monday, January 12, 2015

Feast Upon the Words of Christ.

 
Hello to the fellow people of this email,
            Hope this finds you well. This week has been very wet here in Blantyre! It has been raining all week, all day. Nevertheless Blantyre is beautiful! It truly is benefiting from the rain! But as for us missionaries, walking in the rain on mountains is not as fun as you would imagine. Slipping and sliding and falling! But we were in a threesome! We had a sweet opportunity to be with my old companion Sister Mntungwa because she doesn’t have a companion due to visa issues. We lived it up in Zingwangwa! From fierce rain to crossing roaring rivers! It was a good time. We had some sweet lessons! The spirit was strong, but you know what the bible says by the mouth of two or three. We worked both Chilimoni and My new area; while my heart tugged to leave chilimoni again! I know I am needed in my new area.              
            I don’t have too much to say this week it was super eventful! But I did have a good Sabbath. Angella and Prince got confirmed this Sunday! They were so excited! They are just so full of the spirit. They love the gospel; we gave them their scriptures that we bought them! And they were so happy! And they can’t read English! Their mother is a saint and translates for them. It makes me think about if, when I have children of my own someday will I do all that I can to make sure that they have knowledge of our Lord and Savior. The scriptures are so important. They teach us of peoples personal dealings with Christ. They are personal testimonies that we draw strength from. They are legends that reign with truths.
 If read with a mind and heart that is set on changing and drawing near unto our Savior we can become the powerful examples that we have the privilege to learn from. We can be converted daily when we learn of the conversion story of Alma the younger, if we like Alma can remember the words we have heard about our Redeemer. We could Captain Moroni’s with an unshakable faith and trust in our father in heaven and having a perfect courage. We could be powerful women like Esther who knows what is right and even though it is risky we do it anyway. Or we could have an immovable testimony as the prophet Joseph smith as we read of his dealings in the doctrine and covenants and Joseph smith history.
            When we read the scriptures we can feel of our father in heavens love for us. Todd d Christopherson said once in a talk that “When we read the scriptures we are receiving the Holy Ghost.” I can promise you with all my might that that is true.  Where there is righteousness there God. His spirit will always be upon us as we seek to do the things that draw us near unto him. The prophet Lehi from the book of Mormon pleads with us the “Hold to the Iron Rod” as we go through our short but rewarding lives. The iron word is the word of God. And where there is God is where I always hope to be. That is my prayer for all whom may come across this and even those who don’t.  My testimony of the scriptures is simple but, nevertheless it is what I know with everything I have to be true.
            I know that the Book of Mormon is not only the word of God, but that it is evidence of his love. Like the prophet Joseph Smith says in the introduction of the Book of Mormon I too know that as all of you read it you feel you have “drawn nearer unto God by abiding by it precepts.” I know the Bible to be true as far as it translated. I draw great understanding of the atonement and the love that our Savior has for us as I read of his atoning sacrifice. I have felt the power of the atonement as I have read from the testimonies of men and women who have written down there’s in these sacred books. I know that as we like Enita the mother the Angella and Prince if we take time to read with our children the Holy Writ that they too will start to grow heartfelt testimonies, like the Angel Moroni in last book in the book of Mormon. It is my daily prayer that we can all add on to our own testimonies as we read of the lives of Courageous, Forthright, Loving and powerful men and women in the scriptures. I testify In the sacred name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
Happy two months

Crossing the roaring river!

Singing in the rain!

We never have peace in our house  #cakefight

Cake with Khama!

Wet and loving it

Threesome Fun

Beautiful Niaorri in Beautiful Ndirande!

Some random fruit no one knows...

AGGIE BLUE FROSTING!

Cute Angella!

Making Nshima at Enitas after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment