Monday, January 19, 2015

Master the Tempest is Raging

Hello Everyone,

I hope this email finds you all well. Things are Okay here in Blantyre. This week was an eventful week here in Malawi. Last week i spoke about the rains and the roaring rivers. Well this week they have again made it into my email. I serve in a placed named Chimwakunda. There is a very large river that goes through it. Many people have built their homes on top of this river. This river was not a river for a very long time it was a small stream that you could walk over, no problem. Now it is taller than i am with water flying at the speed of lighting. Leaving the homes that once resided on the river to be swept away. Many people have lost their homes and loved ones. Crops have been destroyed leaving many people without a lot of food for the upcoming year. The Malawians have been praying for rain, it is the rainy season but rain was hesitating for some time. It wasn't raining very hard a lot but then the rain would hit with force that left an echoing noise. It rained for four days straight. The sun would come out for a shy moment and then return into the dark painted clouds. People have found refuge in the homes of those around them. They seem to be getting along well. As we went and ventured to see remains of our are we found that it was difficult to get to the main part and a little dangerous with the river still running, but we still tried to go up and see what we could do to help, but it was so bad that there could be nothing done. Many of our members lost their homes and all they posses. Luckily, the senior couple, the Beals, and the Zone leaders and Chilobwe elders were able to help many people. My companion and I have been working through the rain and the Lord has been merciful. It is now finally done raining but we had a little storm Saturday but it has passed. The people her cease to surprise me even with all of this disaster, destruction and devastation they still were sitting in the church meeting houses and we saw many going to their churches. They fully and completely understand that they cannot live without the blessings from our Father in Heaven. He is truly merciful to his children. I love a scripture in 
Isaiah 54:
10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant
of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.   

11 ¶O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.

 This scripture is heart-tugging. The promise that this scripture holds is breathtaking. In life we are aware that trials will come our way. They are a needed for our growth and experience. Our father in Heaven told Joseph Smith that even if the very jaws of hell shall come his way to know that it shall be for his good.  He asked Joseph later in that section of the doctrine and covenants “Art thou greater than he?” referring to the Savior who once walked among his fellowman and suffered the same afflictions that we face in life. The savior here in Isaiah promises to rescue us from our storms.  Whether they are literal ones that remove everything we hold near and dear or whether they are Inner ones that break us. He promises and covenanted with us that he shall make all things up in ten fold.     
“Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.”
 Jeffrey R. Holland
This promise I can testify is true. As I have embraced the gospel I have seen those blessing and have grown a faith for the future promised ones. Truly, I know that the Lord blesses his children. Those who have embraced him, and even those who haven’t. I know that someday sooner than we think that well shall rest from all of our afflictions. In the Book of Mormon the prophet Enos says
 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen
Enos left a powerful witness that he knows that as he has followed the Savior that he will be blessed. He knew of the promised blessing that comes from embracing the gospel. And I want to leave with you all that truly, I know that someday as we all continue or decided to embrace the gospel we will know that our afflictions are but a short moment and that they are only for our gain. That we too like the savior can endure. As we strive to become better saints and Lean on our Savior in our time of need that one day our foundations will be as sapphire and we can testify like Enos, and know without a doubt that there is place where there is no room for sorrow because where the Savior is there is no room it. I would that you all should do as the Savoir says in Malachi and prove him and see if he shall not open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that we shall not have room to receive them. I love you all and I leave this with you in the name of comforter and prince of peace. Even Jesus The Christ. Amen. 
With All My Love,
Sister Griffus
TO UNCLE DAVE HAVE A COUNTRY ONE

TO MY BROTHER JAMES! LOVE YOU

ROARING RIVER

STILL GOING

DEEP WATERS

THIS VERY CUTE HOUSE

YELLOW BUS IN MALAWI!N #RARE

ONCE SOMEONES HOME

THE SAME AS ABOVE













SOUCHE IS BREATHTAKING


WASH IN THE RIVER


KUCHAPA



WE FELL IN


WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

THUMBS UP SIS BANDA!




DIRTY HANDS #GETERDONE

SO TRUE #JOHN3:16



WHAT CHA THINKING ABOUT BROWNING?


DRAMATIC PHOTOSHOOT!








PEACE BE STILL




HOW TO GET ACROSS MUD

NO LIGHTS PARTY

WHEN YOUR BRO GETS ENGAGED

WE ARE GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment