Monday, February 16, 2015

Live Like You Believe

My dearest friends and family,
Hello i hope this email finds you all in great moods and at the best times of your life. As for myself things are well here in Malawi. My companion and i survived another transfer here in the Blantyre Zone. We did have a lot of changes that i love. My president is going to heaven! This week was a good week. But know like the Book Of Mormon says there is an opposition in all things. We had a great number of lessons, but no investigators at church which was the opposite of last week. All is well though. But overall this was a great week.
I have a new love for snails! Why i have no idea but i love them so much! they are just so cute! And i need to get on but we aren't allowed to have pets, but when i get home i will.
We had some fun this week at an investigators house that we haven't been able to see! we decided that we should leave him a note or something so we put post it notes all over his gate that said gospel related things at it drew a lot of attention and people came to ask about it Super sweet! Ha and sister proctor has made me love her even more. I was talking about my new obsession with harry potter and i said i feel bad for Voldemort and i asked "dont you guys?" and she says yeah i was always feel bad for bad guys and my mind for some reason jumped to tangled and her evil mothers, and she does and says Hitler! Well that escalated quickly! And that is one of the many reasons why i love her so much!
This week my message is short. I had the opportunity to bare my testimony to a man who didn't want to listen and to my surprise it was probably the most powerful one i have ever testified. It wasn't said out of anger or trying to prove that the church is true, but i said it because i had love for him. I said it because i know its true and i know how much it can bless his life. Not my testimony but the thing that make up my testimony. My love for our father in heaven and his love for me. The atonement and the power of prayer. The glorious message of the restoration. The gospel of Jesus Christ. The treasured plan of salvation. All of these things make up my testimony. And at that moment all i wanted him to do was feel the love of our father in heaven. To feel the enabling power of the atonement because i was able to feel that love that Christ had for him. In the Book of Mormon in Alma 29: 
 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
We don't now have to be angels to share what we know to be true with conviction. The holy ghost will testify as we live and share what we believe. We are but men yes, but we are Children of king who is always waiting to help us as we do his work. It is the love of Christ that will change the hearts of men. It is our light that will shine upon the earth as we live the gospel. Our actions should reflect our testimonies. And the Lord will work through us to change the world. I know this gospel is true, i know the power that it has to bring us happiness i know that Jesus is the Christ! i know that as we cling to what we know and learn what we don't, we will become what we were meant to be. My testimony is simple and i know it to be true. I love you and i hope you have a great week!

--
With Love,
Sister Tia Griffus
Smile.Serve.Sacrafice

No comments:

Post a Comment