Monday, February 2, 2015

Lord Knowes Thou I love Thee?

Hello Everyone whom is taking the time to read my emails! i think you all are so great! My prayer is that this always find each of you so well! I know i am doing great! This was a great week here in the Zambia Lusaka mission! 

We had a General Authority come for a zone Conference Elder Carol b. Cook of the seventy. We had what we call mission tour. Where a general authority comes a tours a mission and does a meeting with all the missionaries. The spirit was so strong truly i felt the presence of our father in heaven. 

I also had the exchanges to go on a sweet exchange with Sister Proctor i love this lady! Every time i am with her i learn something new about myself! she is powerful! Love that girl!

Thank you for all the response to my previous email. You guys are great. I am so happy for you and all the changes that you all are making in your life.


This week i learned about self accountability, and how i want to change my life so that the Savior knows that i love him. I want to share the story of the time the Christ appeared to did disciples as the Resurrected Christ. He finds them down by the seashore doing the exact same thing he found them doing when he commissioned them to follow him. They were fishing by the sea. They were not getting anything into the net, and for the second time he tells them to cast the net on the side of the boat and fish will come. They do it and then they recognize him. This is in John 21.

15 ¶So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon,son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unthim,Yea, Lord; thou knowest that love thee. He saith unthim, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas,lovest thou me? He saith unthim, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

 17 He saith unto him the thirtime, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him ththird time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that love thee. Jesus saith unto him,Feed my sheep.

I Imagine that peter was question why in his mind greatly why the Saviour asked him three times Lovest thou me? I can only think that it would pull at the heart to have the Savior who i have walked with and talked with and left everything i have for question me about my love for him. But i noticed two things. Peter answered the savior the twice saying "Thou knowest i love thee." But does the Savior really know that peter loved him or that we love him. The second thing i noticed was immediately after peter answers him, he calls peter to action to show him that he loves him. 

Saying we love the Savior is not enough, while it may be a great act of kindness it is not enough. We must act upon our feelings and our faith. The Savior asks us to serve him, to sacrifice for him. Is that not what he did for us? Is that not how we knowest that the savior lovest us. He gave everything for the children of men. "The Son of God became a man, to enable men to become sons of God."-C.S LEWIS. He lived so that we might. 

Do our actions reflect our love for the Savior? Do we show him our love by doing what he ask? Maybe something we should all ask ourselves when arise in the morning is "Lord knowest that i love thee?" And i believe we will be able to make those changes in our lives so that we can show him that we love him. 

I know the savior lives and that he loves me. I know that someday i will stand before him and he will ask me "lovest thou me?" and proudly i will be able to say "Lord thou knowest i love thee" And my actions will reflect that, throught repentance and sacrifice he will know that i love him.

I love all and i hope you have a great week!
 
With Love,
Sister Tia Griffus
Smile.Serve.Sacrafice
 
 

Her seventh my fourtenth month on mission!



the place i live in is so beautiful!





this is how sister missionaries iron!

we get down on food!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment